From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Scrivner
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 12:03 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Alvarion Comnet Radios have arrived

Brad, I just am getting a bit gun shy now when I see you post a
complaint about no polarity this - no dual band that - or whatever your
beef of the day is with VL. When you do it we inevitably get to see
Patrick or Brad Larson go into defense mode which gets tiresome also. It
is like some twisted tennis match that has no love. (pun intended)

It might be different if it were not the same story told over and over
again. I am sorry I felt compelled to come down on you guys about these
things but I am getting very annoyed and I bet I am not alone.

With that said I can also say that Alvarion does not get to bash Trango
or Canopy or others on here any longer. Alvarion representatives will be
called on this from now on when it happens. I have seen Trango and
Canopy both represented in a very bad light by 2 Alvarion
representatives on this list in the last 48 hours and it needs to stop.
Intelligent comparisons about features and benefits are encouraged.
Trashing one vendor over another (by a vendor) is going to stop right now.

WISPs get to complain (briefly please) about issues they have with
vendors. We all need to know what is working and what is broken.
Sometimes the problem can be solved by others who saw the same thing and
know a solution. Sometimes the vendor can intervene and be the hero for
all to see. Vendors need to use this list as a resource and see first
hand what people are saying about their products. They  should help
their customers here, on the list, when they can. Trying to defend every
statement made leads to flame wars and hurt feelings and generally does
not help solve anything. Use the list the way it was intended please.
This is my number one issue here today.

To all of you, this list was not created to be a place where people
complain endlessly about gear all day long just as it is not a place to
advertise gear all day long. This is not the purpose. Say your
complaints and attaboys clearly and mean them and then move on. If you
are a vendor and want to compare your features and such then so be it
but no more trashing the other guy on here. It is tiresome, childish and
non-productive and, imho, it hurts the image of this association when
you guys do it.

I will gladly continue this debate / discussion / flame / whatever
offlist. I will not complain about you guys on here any longer.
Continuing to complain over and over again about you guys on here would
be redundant and non-productive, right? I think I have made my point
clearly and I am ready to move on. Let's have a Happy New Year and start
next year off right with good posts with substance that help our
industry prosper.
Scriv