  From: Patrick Leary
  To: WISPA General List
  Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 6:57 PM
  Subject: RE: [WISPA] churn,double play and why WLP is key - I finally
understand it

  Gino,

  After you informed me of the way prioritization occurs in your solution,
  I asked one of our sharp engineers to articulate the differences to me.
  Here was his reply back and I'd be interested in your feedback:

  ****
  The [prioritization mechanism in the] ______ system is different than VL
  in the way it is deployed and the way it will deploy a priority network.
  With VL the bandwidth for the sector is totally dynamic, any direction
  demand can utilize the entire capacity of the base station.  ______
  pre-defines the amount up and down to the sector.  Their implementation
  of the prioritization is stated for DSCP only where we can do it also
  for ToS.  I am not sure if that is unique but keep it in the back of
  your head.

  Our WLP is also dynamic; where he stated that you specify the amount of
  bandwidth for the priority channel, our can/will fluctuate every
  microsecond during the communication.  This will also happen
  independently in each direction.  Because there is a potential for over
  subscription of prioritized traffic, VL also has an option to set aside
  some bandwidth for best effort traffic incase the provider creates too
  much prioritized traffic.  This prevents the FTP from a customer from
  breaking during the high priority traffic times.
  ****

  Make sense?

  Patrick Leary
  AVP WISP Markets