9.) WISPA is run by a volunteer board of operators at this time. To become
a truly effective trade association, we must look to hire a full time staff
which will form procedures, policy, update website content, email members,
collect dues, manage books, lobby more effectively and work through legal
matters with FCC versed attorneys. While in its infancy, the volunteer
effort was essential. Now that we are gaining ground and presented with
industry wide challenges, we need better organization and full time staff to
better manage the association and direction.

It is best to outsource this to an company that runs associations.
(I can give you names.) Most money to an association comes from vendors and events. Dues can only go so far -- especially when every ISP will think this:
"Why should I pay $200 per year for that? What's the benefit?"

An idea for that is as follows:
3 levels of membership:
Active Members are voting members that are required to hold committee or board seats. Associate Members are voting members who can hold seats but are not required to.
Affiliate Members are non-voting and join to support our cause.
Active pay less than Associate members.
Just a thought.

Peter @ RAD-INFO, Inc.