I believe the new Tranzeo SL5-16 is around the $170 price range in quantity 20. They are available directly from Tranzeo or from distributors in the US like ElectroComm, Doubleradius and Streakwave. I have bought from all three places and they have always done good by me.

I have about 10 of the little SL5 CPEs deployed at ranges from 1/4 to 8 miles and they are very solid performers. The somewhat larger and more expensive 5a24 radios will work out to 18 miles. 802.11a is good stuff. I have a post on my blog at http://www.thelar.com/ that describes my experience with 802.11a so far.

Matt Larsen
vistabeam.com

Patrick Leary wrote:
Don't make too many assumptions about what your price will be by looking
at list prices, for example, our CPE available in the AlvarionCOMNET
program for $285 (does require a 25 per quarter commitment), lists with
a MSRP of $1,095. Not being too familiar with Tranzeo, you'll have to
ask them or their users about what can be done with a qty of 5. Matt
Larson is a WISPA leader and one of the most respectable WISPs. He loves
Tranzeo and can point you in the right direction.

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets
Alvarion, Inc.
o: 650.314.2628