We block all P2P traffic (thanks to MT). I tell this to my customers upfront, it says so in our TOS in bold. We are running with a 3meg all you can eat fibre connection to the internet. The gov in Canada is trying to find a way to collect royalties from the ISP, who then will collect it from their clients, just like we collect their GST (general sales tax) and PST (provincial sales tax). Right now not even I can download from P2P and that is way it is going to stay, we don't even allow bit-torrent. Most times these things are used in an illegal context.

You have a Good Day now,

Carl A Jeptha
http://www.airnet.ca
Office Phone: 905 349-2084
Office Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm
skype cajeptha

Mac Dearman wrote:
The way I make them understand is that I tell them that I have hundreds of
businesses (call them by name) that use less than 3gigs of data transfer a
month. I also tell them that it is relatively impossible for them to even
get close to 2 gigs of transfer by sending emails, general surfing,
goggling...etc without hitting the P2P stuff downloading movies & music.

We do limit p2p on this network as well as limit residential threads onto
the internet. We have always shaped the P2P on the network as a whole, but
only in the last 2 months have we limited the connections. I must confess
that it brought the bandwidth utilization down by 7mbps. That is a TRAMATIC
difference!

Mac Dearman