That's good, and developing a political network in D.C. is imperative, but it's not a part time job. WISPA needs to eventually outsource this job out. It's a daily grind on the Hill to get in the right doors and see the right people. This does not come cheap and one way or another WISPA needs this. They have done a good job getting the ball rolling, but they can not dedicate the proper time to walk the halls and be in the right places when called on, at times... at the spur of the moment.

WISPA needs two directions at this time and that is developing a recruitment of members and a D.C. team. But first, in order to pay for the D.C. team, WISPA needs members, paying members, that will support their industry into a viable force of competition. The principle members and leadership are not in a position to back away from building their business, but are providing the interim support needed to launch WISPA into strong and influential association for WISP's.

WISPA will also need a front line of Execs, those that can call on their own networks in drawing on support, that is financial support, along with influence in D.C. Just like launching a new business and looking for funding, it's the money spent on the recruitment of those that can bring on the cash support.

Frank Muto
President
FSM Marketing Group, Inc.

Co-founder -  Washington Bureau for ISP Advocacy - WBIA
http://gigabytemarch.blog.com/     www.wbia.us

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

actually.  Don't laugh.  We should talk.

In my new life as a company, I've got a Director of Sales on board that's a
(very) politically connected guy in Northern NJ as well as Washington.

I'm bringing him up to speed slowly, as I need him to get selling :)  BUT,
one of the things I will do soon is get him on board here.

This guy's a heavy hitter and we actually have a very good friend of ours
that's a congressman in DC..

More soon.