Gee willikers George,

What color panties should I buy the ole' lady?  - Hehehe

All the bandwidth intensive applications are at the hospital itself. The
whole major purpose of the 10mbps connection is for a system they call PAC's
which is a X ray thing that transmits the pictures via internet to a group
of Doctors outside the USA (but in USA Territory) where it is read at the
time of arrival then the results retransmitted back to the hospital via
internet. It can be done with 1.54mbps, but they have their smaller clinics,
Dr.'s offices, Home Health offices, billing and something else off site and
they are trying to drop Bell South and her DSL crap. That is the purpose of
the AU and SU's. It is mostly for internet access, but billing will be done
via wireless as well. There will be no heavy usage of the LAN short of
internet connectivity and our VoIP.

This will be our 5th hospital to connect via wireless and be their major
provider with Bell South being their back up connection. We aint done to bad
for being high tech red necks here in N. Louisiana with the medical
facilities and banking industry.

The beauty of the Alvarion SU's is that they are software upgradeable to
54mbps. If they decide at a later date that they need better/more throughput
at one of these locations then all we have to do is buy the upgrade for the
SU. If that don't do what they want then all we have to do is buy another
AU. I have given them too many options already and this one seems to be the
one that they can afford and the one that makes the best sense to me. I have
left them in the driver's seat.

The other thing is that I will own the wireless LAN. There will be a 3 year
contract signed on this wireless LAN just like it was with the 10mbps
connectivity. I am not going to tell what I get per month for these wireless
LANs around here, but I can say that it is nice for me and they get to
choose the cream of the crop of wireless gear, transfer rates and never have
to worry about maintenance or upkeep.  If something doesn't work (we
monitor) we show up and take care of it - regardless where the trouble is
at.

Mac