Looks like someone was not paying attention when they installed it. You just gotta get balls of steel and slide over. Down one cross member and up another. We do it all the time.

BTW:   Be careful...  :-)

-B-

Travis Johnson wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on the proper climbing technique for a new tower we just installed on. Over the past 10 years, I have climbed hundreds of towers including free standing, guyed, 40ft to 120ft without any problems or fears. However this new tower is much more difficult. I believe it's a Rohn 200ft free standing tower with 3 legs. The issue is there are only foot pegs on one leg up to the 80ft level... then the pegs start on another leg and go up from 80ft to the top. Getting from one leg to another at the 80ft level is the challenge. As you can see from the picture, the gap from the top brace to the bottom brace is almost 10feet in the center (I am 6'1").

http://www.ida.net/users/tlj/teton.JPG

Anyone have any suggestions on a better way to accomplish the leg to leg movements across the braces?

Thanks,

Travis
Microserv