Which quote from the FCC regs?
The one that says "You must accept any interference" or the one that says
"you may not cause any interference to a licensed service"

If you can show them a license, you might have them on the second one.
Unfortunately, they have YOU on the first one.

They may not even be subject to the 36dB rule anyway.

Better to do what you can to avoid the interference using technology
(frequency change, shielding, antenna polarity, more gain on your subscriber
antennas - using a type certified antenna for your certified radios, of
course.

Otherwise in a p#$$ing contest with the USA's largest retailer, I think I
know who would win. They have invested heavily in RFID and they and Home
Depot have pretty much singlehandedly set the standard for requiring their
suppliers to go to it.  I know, because in an earlier life, I rolled out
RFID for another very large company who is one of their biggest suppliers
and this company (which has the world's most recognized trademark) JUMPS
when Walmart says "jump"!

The reason I emphasize "certified" is that when you do engage them, they
have a lot better arsenal than you and you want to be squeaky clean.

Where is the store in relation to your affected tower site?

Ralph