Sam Tetherow wrote:

Peter R. wrote:

During the Brand-X Supreme Court case, the DEA, the FBI and the DOJ clearly spelled out that ISP and VoIP traffic would need to be CALEA compliant. It isn't the FCC, it is the DOJ.

Your statements take us back to all the "lobbying efforts" that CLEC's and ISP's have ever done:
Don't regulate us - just them. That's not how it works.

You want UL spectrum. You want more of it.
But this is not a one-way street.

Not sure what you mean here Peter. Are you implying that if we don't go along with anything that the FCC comes up with then we don't deserve any more UL spectrum? This, as an argument for filing the 477 I understand, but to use it for any FCC mandate is BS.

Well, that's the way DC works - you do for me and I do for you.
The CLEC's did not learn that lesson.