At 12:03 PM -0500 3/14/07, Blake Bowers wrote:
Cell carriers normally use site acquisition people, contract most
of the time.  Not brokers.

I used the wrong term (not being in the business). That's essentially what I meant. I've come across the site acq. people before.

Another thing that prevents them often from considering smaller
companies towers is agreements they have with the larger companies.  As
an example, we have agreements with two carriers - flat rate prices,
for up to X number of towers.  When the site acq people need a site
and it is between me and someone that they do not have an agreement,
they will call me.

Up in NY right now, you have General Dynamics building out the new
statewide wireless program, (SWN) and they are looking at LOTS
of spots.  LOTS of spots.  We have them going on a number of sites,
including fairly close to you.  Time to jump is now - they are working
the state from west to east, and I assure you they are already doing
the Stueban county area, just to the west.

As an aside, SIGN the sites!  Even if you don't have a tower, hang a
sign on the fence "WIRELESS TOWER SITE AVAILABLE".  Too
often it comes down to the site acq guy climbing over the fence, knocking
on doors, etc.

Also one may want to get FAA clearance on the site.  This puts the site in
the FAA database, one more tool that the site acq guys use.

Great ideas! Thanks!

Chuck

--
Chuck Bartosch