From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:19 AM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] A new tower for WISP and Cell Carrier?

I've got a remote rural location where we're thinking of putting up a
100' tower on a "mountain" owned by a large customer. Turns out that
location can see one of our existing networks, which is great.
However, the customer has extremely poor (or non-existent) cell phone
coverage and would like to use this as an opportunity to possibly
support a cell phone carrier-and they are willing to pay for the
tower if it's not 'excessively' expensive to do so.

Now, I've got no experience putting up towers, though with the work
I'd done for past potential towers, I've been estimating maybe $15K
in costs for a tower that only needs to support a WISP (counting the
cost of the tower, a local tower company to erect it, and zoning
fees. If this is off base, I'm open to comments here too).

Of course, I know even less about what a cell company might be
expected to need than I do about tower construction.

Can anyone give me reasonable budget numbers for a 100' tower that
could support (from a loading standpoint) both a WISP (using, say, 3
120 degree sectors and a 3' back haul dish) and a cell company? If
there's not enough information, just a reasonable estimate and the
basis for it might help to decide if this is worth pursuing. If
you're a vendor, please feel free to contact me (via email) off list.

Thanks!

Chuck
--
Chuck Bartosch