Yes... we have the same exact meter systems in two or three of our cities. We have to use channel 1 or 4 on Trango (906mhz, 924mhz) and horizontal polarity to stay out of their way. They were very easy to deal with, and actually purchased a horizontal omni for us to fix one of the cities.

Travis
Microserv

Eric Rogers wrote:
Ok,

I knew the day would come...I got a phone call the other day that I
knocked out 350 Automatic Meter Readers because they are within the same
frequency range I am using.  They are 917.50 MHz, and I am using
Motorola Canopy centered on 920.  Now, here are my issues.  I have two
other ones located nearby that are using 906, so I don't want to walk
over myself.  SCADA is in the middle band, so I need the upper
channel...but there is paging that bleeds down to 924 MHz.  I am as high
up as I can be.  Oh, I am horizontal and they are vertical.

Now, they are almost unwilling to change the frequency they are running
on, (right now)...It seems like they are willing to look at it, but
basically their comments are things like "We haven't had anyone that
wasn't willing to work with us" and "It has been working for 10 years"
type thing... He did say the only company that wasn't willing to work
with them was a major hospital and they eventually upgraded their phone
system and it is no longer a problem.  To me this sounds like THEY are
the unwilling ones to change.  I was here first mentality...not how can
we work together.

Why would a meter reading company that reads 1/2 million meters use UL
frequency?

Has anyone run into this?