Is there a way to see that Ares Ultra is being used? Or do you have to rely on them telling you they're using it after you notice them taking every available packet?

I assume you could somewhat mitigate the problem by using a 'tik to provide a shaped bandwidth...full speed for 1 minute, dropping by half in the second minute, etc. Or does this not solve the problem?

I imagine it might not help if the problem is packets, not bandwidth, if small packets are being created. So that brings up a question...can Microtik limit packets by connection as opposed to bandwidth? (though we use 'tiks my staff implements them, not me). Given that we typically get limited by equipment's ability to process rather than bandwidth by itself, it seems like it might be useful to "go to the source" of the problem rather than use bandwidth as a proxy to control problems.

Chuck