Don Annas of Triad Telecom has joined WISPA as a new Principal Member. Don is one of only a few WISPs who started out as a VOIP company and then moved into being a WISP. This is the reverse of what many here face. There is going to be some good information shared between Don and our group I am sure. Thank you for your support and welcome to WISPA. Here is some information about Don and Triad Telecom:

My name is Don Annas, and I came from the equipment integration side of the house. I have formally worked with many WISPA members as a sales rep for Internet Finance and Equipment, Systems Express Corp., and Starcom/Arcom. As our focused shifted to installing Voice Over IP phone systems, I saw a growing demand for a true 'business class' voice over IP service offering. About 2 years ago, I started Triad Telecom Inc. out of Greensboro, NC. Triad Telecom's core business as an ITSP is to provide tier 1 business class VoIP and SIP trunking to enterprise customers as well as wholesale VoIP solutions to many service providers around the US. We hold a direct partnership with Level 3 Communications which allows us to provide VoIP origination and termination services in better than 85% of the US.
We quickly found that many of the local businesses were peering with us
utilizing the local cable company as well as DSL as a transit network for the
VoIP services we were providing.  Not only did we not have QoS control of the
traffic on these oversubscribed networks, the local cable company and Bell
would use that connection to cross-sale their voice services into our account.
We soon faced the reality that these giants were impossible to work/partner
with.

As a result, we purchased a small WISP who had previously re-sold our VoIP
services with success.  This gave us a distinct advantage in our local market
and completely eliminated the need for the cable company and Bell for our
clients.  While VoIP services is still the core of our business, the WISP is
growing very quickly and we all enjoy the challenges and technology that
operating a wireless network demands.  While we are still young in the WISP
arena, we do understand the ITSP side of the house very well and what it takes
to move into that arena.  We certainly welcome the opportunity to share our
experience with other WISPs as you may incorporate VoIP as a service offering
to your clients.  Equally, we look forward to learning from the WISPs who have
the battle scars and do not mind sharing those learning experiences with their
peers.

Thank you everyone!