I just can't tell if they mean Cellular or Wireless or both. (I don't think they know either).

Wireless Internet an Information Service, FCC Says
http://www.phoneplusmag.com/hotnews/73h2210431.html
Posted on: 03/22/2007

As expected, the FCC has classified wireless Internet access as an information service.

This frees providers from the regulations such as E911 or USF contributions that pertain to telecommunications services.

The FCC has steadily deregulated communications services – including cable modem, DSL and BPL – over the past two years.

The commission unanimously approved the classification on Thursday morning. However, Democratic Commissioner Michael Copps said he voted for the measure only in the spirit of treating like services alike. He decried the swiftness with which it was adopted and the lack of public comment.

Regards,

Peter Radizeski
RAD-INFO, Inc. - NSP Strategist
We Help ISPs Connect & Communicate