To: "'WISPA General List'" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:00 AM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] FCC requests comment on smaller dishes for 11 GHz

Marlon,

11GHz is intended for medium to long range links.  That is why they require
a relatively larger antenna to keep the beam narrow to increase the freq
reuse ability.  6GHz requires a 6' minimum antenna and this is a GOOD thing
otherwise there would be fewer 6GHz licenses available in any given
geographic area.

If you have a 100' link then by all means use an 80-90GHz licensed link or
even sub-lease a 38GHz license.  Or use FOS or 60GHz or 24GHz for 100'
links, but 11GHz for a 100' shot is a waste and not a good use of the band.

Opening 11GHz to smaller dishes means more chance the band will be "used up"
by short links that could have been achieved with the same (or even better)
results by using a higher freq band.

Best,

Brad