I agree with almost everything you said... except the "triple play"
revenue... Qwest is doing a triple play system (Qwest DSL, Qwest VoIP
and DirecTV) for $99 per month with $0 install.
Their introductory price is $99 per month, but they are most likely
counting on people bumping up a tier in DSL service and TV packages...

Also, I don't have a problem with 30-50 year ROI for fiber... but
ClearWire is wireless... all the equipment will have to swapped out in 5
years.
True enough, and that makes wireless somewhat an oddball.  In this
case, there is some analogy to their use of licensed spectrum, which
is analogous to an extent to a physical medium.  Does anyone know off
the top of their head what platform they are using?  I know Intel is
partnering with them, but I've not followed them very closely.  I'm
kinda curious what their technology cycle will be....

-Clint

Travis
Microserv

Clint Ricker