Jim,
I have run into very similar situations, where high power lines, were the only explanation as to the interference. I was able to work around it in some situations by adjusting the customer antenna to shoot under the powerlines, however, this is not always possible, nor is it always the fix. In most of these cases, we were able to get data through, but not at the speed that it should have been, so we would end up selling the customer a lower speed package. I have been unable to find much information about this, but would be greatly interested in hearing what others have done, if they have run into it at all.
Jaron Parsons
Sumner Communications

Jim Stout wrote:
I hate to ask this question, but I'm at my wit's end with this one.

I recently installed a new customer (2.4 GHz) with a clear LOS to my tower.
The distance is less than a mile and I get -56 dBm of signal strength.  I've
run a spectrum analyzer and it's dead silent when the radio's off..  All sounds
great!  A real simple install, but the radio intermittently locks up, fails to
associate and most recently, simply fails to work for more then 10 - 30 seconds
at a time following a POR.  I've replaced radio (Tranzeo SL2) and gone to the
latest version of firmware.  I even contacted Tranzeo Tech Support and follwed
their recommendations for timing settings.  The only difference between this
client and all the others on my tower is that there is a power line in the LOS
path.  Has anyone else found this to be a problem?  It's almost like an
invisible concrete wall is between the AP and the site.

Thanks, Jim....

Jim Stout
LTO Communications, LLC
15701 Henry Andrews Dr