I'm needing to do a 14-mile link at 5.8GHz.  I will have to use a 15"-or-so
flat panel antenna due to building owner's asthetics requirements.  On this
8-story building, I'll mount to the side of the masonry, then I'll have about
25 feet of LMR-400 from the antenna to a weatherproof enclosure with 110v power.

On the other side I'll be 100' up on a tower on a hilltop, and I can use a
higher-gain antenna.

I believe I'll have to use an amplifier to achieve this.

Soo...

A) Am I incorrect about this?

B) If I'm correct, what 5GHz amps have you found to be effective?

C) Opinions on using regular or bi-directional amps?

Mark Nash
Network Engineer
UnwiredOnline.Net
350 Holly Street