To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:42 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] WISP Peering

Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181 wrote:
Two of my competitors just sat down for lunch and worked out a network sharing agreement. It's a handshake deal at this point though.

Basically we carved up a hilltop laying out coverage zones for each of us, and we set a price for using each other's ap's.

Marlon

Hey I think thats a good thing you've done there Marlon, getting along and even doing business with your competitors.

Yeah. It's something that the three of us have already been doing for a couple of years. We sell on each other's ap's at the same price. The only catch is that each of us has to live under the bw, and bit cap rules of the other guys network vs. our own. But that seems perfectly fair to me.

We also handle all tech support for the cusotmer. The customer should NEVER contact the other isp. We have however, shown up together at problematic customers and worked jointly to fix any issues.

But where do you think the line would be drawn in respect to anti competitive practices?

I'm not sure.  We've not had that come up yet.

Did you have a specific situation in mind?