----- Original Message -----
From: "George Rogato" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 7:28 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] from WISPA's home page....

> Who is that someone?

So, you won't read WISPA's home page?  It's the first article.  I have
wondered why nobody would even mention it...  So i finally did.

> Why does wispa want to take an antagonistic stance towards legal high
> tech wiretapping?

BECAUSE IT IS FREAKING WRONG, GEORGE, for the government to shift the cost
of law enforcement to specific business entities for its own convenience.
Why can't you see this?

> Isn't legal wiretapping essential to law enforcement?

Of course it is.  Where am I objecting to it?  Nowhere.  I object to an
extremely intrusive, expensive, and WRONG mandate on our industry.  And
further, I object to the fact that WISPA's not even slightly interested in
defending small operators from being wiped out.

> The only thing I can think of is to seek funds from the feds to
> implement this.

Bahhh.   No, George.  Just abandon the mandate that ISP's have to conduce LE
actions at their own expense.   Duhhhh.   So simple it boggles the mind.
Let law enforcement pay for it's own needs.  CALEA's mandate is NO DIFFERENT
from demanding gas stations fill every cop car for free, because they get
the privelege of making profit off motorists.

BTW, what's your schedule and whom did you hire to be on call 24/7/365 to
carry out LI?   Your registered phone must be answered, or you are not
"compliant".

How's a one man operator supposed to do this?    Even two people?    There's
approximately  85 hours a week my business phone is not answered.   I'm
leaving for the coast on May 3rd and won't be back till the 7th.   That
increases the "no response" to more like 140 hours a week that nobody's
available during that time, since I don't expect my help to stay up late or
answer before 9 AM.

I am not a traditional ISP George.  I have no office.  I have no central
network facilty.   I own not a single server machine.   My access point
traffic does not go through anyplace except my bandwidth provider's server
room .   And the network expansion going on will end even that, and there
WILL BE NO LOCATION where all of my traffic goes, when provider 2 comes
online and is routed dynamically, and my network converts to a self-healing
mesh.

There's at least one lone voice in Congress asking for relief for small
operators who simply CANNOT do this as mandated.   Will YOU stand up for
those people and defend them?   They are  the future LIFEBLOOD of WISPA.
If you're ever going to have the numbers in WISPA, these are where the
numbers are.

Of course, you're management, and I'm just an outsider.