On Tue, 1 May 2007 03:20:11 -0500 (CDT)
Butch Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Edward H. Winters wrote:
>
> >the provider or the TTP have to provide the information within 8
> >seconds of real time to the LEA via a mediation device.
>
> You are misinformed.  See here:
> http://www.wispa.org/?page_id=22
>
> See question/answer 18.

when you consult the fcc documents they point to existing standards which
define exactly this. i understand wipsa's document was created from
opinions of the wispa calea committee which were formed during informal
talks with the government agencies ... when it comes down to the wire
who do i trust, the one that has been set in stone by the government which
offers safe harbor, or something which, until yesterday, seemed to be
little more than rumor and wishful thinking.

> >every trusted third party i have talked with so far wants access on
> >at least the intercept device.
>
> Of course they do...that's what they do!  They will need access to
> the intercept device (not your ap) in order to do what you pay them
> for.

i understand the mechanics of calea and a trusted third party, if you read
the previous message i expressed concerns about an unknown|untrusted device
on my network and security issues these devices could create. marlon replied
with a vague and misleading statement, so i clarified the TTP's position.

Ed