Ross Cornett wrote:
I still would like to know the amount of incident that this CALEA will cause for all of its costs to our industry. Did anyone ask the FBI, why they cannot have several machines and deliver them as needed pre-configured then we can install them when they are needed. It is highly unreasonable for the FBI to ask everyone to have a utility and manage this utility when it will never be used by a very large portion of our industry. It is far cheaper for the government to sameday ship their device to us anywhere in the nation then it is to have everyone else trying to scramble to satisfy a need that will largely be an expensive dust collector in most businesses.

Let's assume that the FBI would send you a box for LI. What about the remaining requirements for CALEA?

-Matt