No. But on the other hand, if we ask for nothing then that is what we will get, or, as I've heard it said:

"If you don't ask, then the answer is NO".

Government rules and regulations are constantly changed and amended and selectively enforced to respond to the needs of constituents.

Congress can't read our minds. Most of our representatives don't even know that we exist. We need to educate them that:

1. We're here (in their District).

2. We're serving the broadband needs of their constituents.

3. CALEA requirements are unreasonable and need to be reviewed and modified to allow small WISPs to stay in business.

4. We need their help and support for this CALEA review.

If we fail to educate our Congress representatives then we have no one to blame but ourselves for the fact that the FCC has unwisely chosen to treat small WISPs like they treat AT&T (as a bottomless money pit that can afford to do anything to stay in business).

Either we:

1. Take action to right the wrong, or

2. We whine endlessly about how screwed up our government is.

Take your choice,
                  jack

Matt Liotta wrote:
George Rogato wrote:
Maybe we should all ask our lawmakers to endorse this bill.

Does anyone think this bill is actually going to get done in time for the deadline?

-Matt

FCC License # PG-12-25133
Serving the Broadband Wireless Industry Since 1993
True Vendor-Neutral Wireless Consulting-Training-Troubleshooting
FCC Part 15 Certification Assistance for Wireless Service Providers