Concurrently coordinated networks are Licensed Carrier Grade, which
means we no longer have to take second place to the big guys. Wireless
Strategies Inc (WSI) decided to focus on carrier grade backhaul where we
believe the GPM is higher and the COS lower than for the home subscriber
market.

The $500 number was for 802.16 based CPE and was a conservative number.
My guess is that 802.16 product prices will end up similar to 802.11
prices.

We budget conservatively and plan for a Part 101 license to cost about
$2500 with another $2500 for the Prior Coordination. For this we have
enough spectrum (60MHz at 6GHz) to serve hundreds of clients. The
throughput is 134Mbps burstable to 268Mbps.

I agree that asking the FCC for a rule change or a waiver would be
difficult, especially to get the FCC allow one foot antennas. That is
why NO RULE CHANGE OR WAIVER IS NEEDED. We engineered paths in a city
that could support legacy and concurrently coordinated networks, applied
for and have received licenses. To remove any uncertainty that an
antenna system with radiating elements (it is the radiating elements
that can have any type or size of radiator), is allowed UNDER EXISTING
RULES, we sent a Request for a Declaratory Ruling to the FCC asking for
confirmation that any antenna system, and specifically an antenna system
with radiating elements, that meets all the present regulations is
allowed. I would be pleased to send you individual copies of the
request.

Our concern is that the big guys will make a "land grab" for spectrum
before the small, and often under funded, operators have staked their
claim. For most investors to put money into network construction they
want all perceived regulatory uncertainty removed.
This is why we are asking the FCC to remove any uncertainty.
Mike
831-659-5618
[EMAIL PROTECTED]