That guy was just gaming you. Probably why the other wisp wouldn't turn him on.

We charge first month and last month to turn on and a 30 day written notice to disconnect. We also do not give any refunds on prepaid service and the customer actually signs on the dotted line acknowledging this. We also charge 175.00 in up front set up and activation fees to force the sub to make an investment.

Too many people from the dial days have tried to beat the system.

George

Mark Nash wrote:
Have to vent on this one, although I'm taking it a little off topic.

Guy calls me up saying that another wireless company couldn't connect him and he actually bad-mouthed that company to me on the sales call because that company couldn't get to him for a week. He wants me to waive my $199 installation fee because the other company did. I say no, but we have a '30-day satisfaction policy' that will give him his money back if he didn't like the service. So we install service within a couple days and get him up and running. Well he calls up after 4 days of service and my tech talks with him. He has moved and doesn't want our service. No big deal...it happens... EXCEPT...

The dude knew about it about a half hour BEFORE my installer got there to do the wireless installation (as he told my tech). And he said 'Mark said that I could get my money back'. Well, I'm not going to give him his money back due to the way he treated the resources of my business. He knew that he was not going to take our service and expected something for nothing. He did not disconnect due to dissatisfaction, and as far as I'm concerned he's just going to have to learn a lesson here on basic human treatment.

In 6 years, I've never had anything like this.  Blech....

Mark Nash
UnwiredOnline
350 Holly Street
Junction City, OR 97448