To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2007 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Low cost generator

Unclean power will cause it to switch back and forth to\from the battery. As said, this is an adjustable setting on the UPS.

What Felix is talking about is the switch from line to battery is detected as zero voltage by the powered equipment. There is no doubt that this exists and is an issue that more sensitive electronics have problems with. With constant switching, the powered equipment may fail. If your supply is not clean, the UPS will not fix it. I am unsure if clean power is produced when on battery. A line conditioner's job is to clean up the power.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com