From: "J. Vogel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:12:54
To:WISPA General List <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Water Tower Mounts

Carl Shivers wrote:
> We are going to be mounting Panel Sector antennas to 2 Water Towers. One
> tower is ideal with a rail that has been designed for pipe mounting. The
> other is not so kind. It simply has a ladder up the side and over the top,
> no catwalk. We were thinking about using one of those 170 lbs. Water Tower
> mounts. This means we either have to get a welder up there to weld the
> plates or come up with an industrial epoxy solution.
I have successfully used magnets on a couple of towers for 2 years now...

I don't completely trust them, so I also run a safety cable around the mast
and anchor it to a solid projection on the tower so that if the magnets did
turn loose, the mast wouldn't hit the ground, but in two years, and through
several thunderstorms and pretty good winds, the magnets haven't shifted
a bit that I can see.

--

John Vogel - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.vogent.net   620-754-3907

Would you like to see your advertisement here?  Let the WISPA Board know your
feelings about allowing advertisements on the free WISPA lists.  The current
Board is taking this under consideration at this time.  We want to know your
thoughts.