I guess as a followup, just simply understand that it takes about 5-10 hours
a week.  Ask your local chapter for the statistics on general number of
referrals passed and see if it works for you.  I would recommend doing the
math on the front-end, since, for a lot of service providers out there, it
simply doesn't make sense, even under best-case scenario.  On the other
hand, for other service providers out there, it can make great sense.  A lot
depends on your niche market, ARPU, etc...

In general, it will work well for you if your target customer is a smaller
business with a high ARPU and good margins.  (IE you are doing a lot of
bundled PC support or such).  If you are primarily an access provider with
small margins, it will not be worth the time.

-Clint