Why would you expect an answering service to do tech suport?

Isn't it out of their league to handle anythng more than taking a name number and message?

The problem I see with hotspot tech support, is the cost should be much higher than the hotspot internet service costs. A per incident price makes more sense to me.

George

Smith, Rick wrote:
I've asked this question before, never really got a response. Figured I'd try again.

I run a number of hotspots, and need to provide
24x7 support for the users at them.  Generally means
asking the stupid questions like "is your wireless
adapter turned on / cable plugged in", etc

I use an answering service now, and they're just not
cutting it.  They have been given a Q&A sheet by me,
with prescribed answers, and then if none of those
answers / procedures work, they're to patch me or my
tech support person in to the call so we can take it
from there.

Well, they're telling customers "Sorry, support dept
is closed, let me patch you through to someone else"
all the time.   They're now being fired ASAP.

Need someone to replace them.   These calls don't last
long, and it's not too involved a process to support
customers at a hotspot. Does anyone subscribe (or offer) such a service ? Needs to be courteous people with knowledge on the other end on supporting stuff like this. And, it
NEEDS to be 24x7x365 staffed.