I will do that for sure Jack, thanks.

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jack Unger
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:56 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Standard Motorola 5.8 GHz Channel Frequencies

Hey, thanks for the search tips.

Correct, it's in San Jose Oct. 16-18.

Maybe you can pop in and visit our WISPA booth or our reception. It
could help you decompress from the WiMAX show :)

jack

Patrick Leary wrote:
> I admit I must be sick because I like to spend time searching the FCC
> databases; I am on them at least 5 times a week looking for something.
> think the FCC site has some of the most complete online database
> information of any federal agency.
>
> For those not familiar with the specific search area we are talking
> about, visit
> https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm. This is
> great source of information about who has what, what is legal, who is
> behind the curve from a market standpoint, who is focusing on what,
etc.
> When I search, I just generally fill in the "Applicant Name" field
> unless it is one of the big guys, in which case I add a date range to
> avoid getting hundreds of entries across all types of businesses. But
> even for guys like us with about $200M in annual wireless broadband
> sales, a simple "Applicant Name" search is sufficient. That search
pulls
> up 70 grants so it is easy to scroll down while keeping an eye on the
> frequency range covered by the grant.
>
> Also, if you search by frequency, make sure to uncheck the "Exact
Match"
> frequency range box since applications often actually do not follow
the
> exact boundaries of spectrum range you might expect; this is
especially
> true of 5 GHz. I also tell the search to pull up 100 records at a time
> so I do not have to keep pulling down the next 10 records.
>
> It is in San Jose, right? I may pop by but we have no booth. My next
> actual trip for a show is WiMAX World coming up in Chicago in less
than
> two weeks.
>
> Patrick Leary
> AVP, Market Development
> Alvarion, Inc.
> o: 650.314.2628
> c: 760.580.0080
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Visit Alvarion at WiMAX World
> Chicago, September 25-27
> Booth #409

On
> Behalf Of Jack Unger
> Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:28 PM
> To: WISPA General List
> Subject: Re: [WISPA] Standard Motorola 5.8 GHz Channel Frequencies
>
> Thanks Patrick,
>
> Yeah, I did look in the FCC database, but as occasionally happens with

> my FCC searches, I didn't find the information there. I guess I need
> more practice. :)
> Anyway, thanks for the confirmation.
>
> Are you going to make it to ISPCON?
>
> jack
>

> Patrick Leary wrote:
>
>> Jack, you of all people, as another long time wonk, should know to
use
>> the OET database to answer this type of question. Only two PMP with
>>
> FCC
>
>> grants for 5.4 GHz that I know of is Moto with Canopy and us with
>> BreezeACCESS VL. Lots of chip vendors of course and a handful of
>> specialty products.
>>
>> Patrick

FCC License # PG-12-25133
Serving the Broadband Wireless Industry Since 1993
True Vendor-Neutral Wireless Consulting-Training-Troubleshooting
FCC Part 15 Certification for Manufacturers and Service Providers

--------

** Join us at the WISPA Reception at 6:30 PM on October the 16th 2007 at
ISPCON **
** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **
http://www.ispcon.com/register.php **

--------

computer viruses(190).

computer viruses(43).

 This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by PineApp
Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses(84).

viruses.

**