I think Mac means more on the storage side. RBS sends encrypted files to the remote server. the type where if the key is lost, so are your files. And the files are worthless without the key. It is fine and dandy to have an encrypted network, but if the remote backup server has unencrypted files you are in trouble (If I wanted to steal data I would go for the central server rather than the single connection, bigger payday). Depending on something like simple zip file passwords is laughable at best; maybe it has better encryption than that, I don't know.

That being said, except for our issues with scheduling in RBS, it has been very good.

On Sep 21, 2007, at 7:12 PM, Jeff Broadwick wrote:

If they need high security, set them up with a router capable of AES or
3DES.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:wireless- [EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mac Dearman
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 7:24 PM
To: 'WISPA General List'
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Anyone doing remote backup for customers?

I think the real question I would ask - - going over a wireless link is:

WHERE THE HECK IS THE SECURITY?

I mean you are going to back up someone's books with no (encryption) (like blowfish) security? I am not talking WEP either! What about restoring the client's data? Is that something that that will take intervention on your part? How about the client's ability to access his backups 24/7 in case of
emergency reinstall?

Mac