From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom DeReggi
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 3:09 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: [WISPA] 20ft mast mount

What is the best prduct/method for this isntallation?

1.Must have a Mast that extends 20ft-25ft beyind the peak of the roof.
2. The roof is a Metal pitched roof.  Every 18" there is a lip where the

metal sheets overlap, creating a channel vertically for rain to slide
down. The pitch is minimal, almost flat, about 5ft rise from edge to center
peak, which is about 75ft wide.
3. The backwall to the ground pavement (2 stories) is also a metal,
which has mountable space up top, but loading shop door underneith along the
first story of wall.
4. Will be mounting a 12" or smaller panel antenna, fed with Coax.

My thought is I'd either use some sort of Tri-pod mount, and fasten
straight down onto the roof Peak, about 5-10ft from the back edge. Then use 3 Guy

wires spread equally around all sides, such as fasten to peak, and two
to the roof's edges.
Alternatively, I could use M-Mounts to the wall, with up to 10feet of cantelever leverage below peak, but then I would not be able to put guy wires equally on three sides. (As there would be nothing to tie to on the side over the edge of wall. (Nothing can extend to the ground because of
Car Traffic entering into the shop from the back.

So what is the best way to mount?

Is there a Tri-pod peak mount designed for 20-25ft and guy wires? Is
there a support rod option that can get rid of the need to have Guy wires
equally on all side, if used wall M mounts?

Is this just a combination of the standard Rohn Telescoping Mast with a standard Rohn Tri-pod? Any Best practices for securing Tri-pod down
onto Metal Roof?

If any vendors have a solution for this, please hit me offlist, for immediate purchase.

PS. in the past, for this type install, I'd mount too wall, extend the
pole down to the ground, with concrete at the base, but not an option for
this job, to go to ground level.

Thanks.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc