From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Clint Ricker
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2007 8:19 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] OT: Asterisk

I'd recommend actually just getting an external SIP ATA for starters
(basically the same idea, but in an external network device that you
connect
to over the LAN via SIP.  Asterisk can be quite randomly finicky about
hardware sometimes and there's a lot of motherboard chipsets out there
that
Asterisk does not deal well with.  This usually manifests itself in
terms of
lockups when dealing with POTS or TDM cards...

Also, POTS cards are pretty worthless to you if you aren't doing
Asterisk; a
SIP ATA can be useful elsewhere.

On Nov 21, 2007 10:41 PM, Adam Kennedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Must be inflation :P
>

> Jonathan Schmidt wrote:
> > Well, Adam, you weren't far off.  The "Buy it now" eBay 1-FXO PCI
card
> > prices are around $20 and I've gotten auctions for just over $10 per
> card so
> > I accepted your $8 as the price of winning a fortuitous auction.
> >
> > Reputable stores have it typically for a bit more, around $29.  It's
all
> in
> > the noise.
> >
> > . . . j o n a t h a n