We book every one as an install. If I can't do it then I leave, otherwise we install.

marlon

----- Original Message ----- From: "chris cooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'WISPA General List'" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:04 AM
Subject: [WISPA] signal tests

Im wondering how everybody else is handling signal tests for resi
subscribers.  We do most of our resi in heavily wooded very hilly
terrain, so coverage can be somewhat tricky to predict based solely upon
customer address - their mailbox/address may be at the top of the ridge
and they live down in the valley or vice versa.  When a new prospect
comes in, we can make certain assumptions about their coverage based
upon topo, RM plots and historical install data.  But this still leaves
us with a large number of potential customers that require a truck roll
and on site signal test.  At some point the scale of doing this becomes
pretty large and time intensive.  I don't feel that we can schedule
people for an install and determine when we arrive whether or not we can
do the install - most people have to take off work to meet us for the
install.  Has anybody come up with a better solution than having a full
time signal test tech?

Thanks

Chris Cooper

Intelliwave