Personally, all I have seen are last generation. What I'd like to know is
which have evolved to tackle the trends of newer network designs.
How many support multiple outbound paths correctly?  Are any multi-layer
yet, from the perspective of doing bandwdith management per sector attached
to it, and in aggregate out the backbone. When networks are build
redundantly or with parallel paths to allow greater scale with links limited
in capacity individually ("Mesh") it gets complicated for a bandwdith
manager to consider all the factors. Bandwdith manager doesn;t work without
a bottle neck, and it generally cant be configured accurately if one can;t
define what the outbound speed is, as many designs today ahve variable
available capacity upstream. For example a backbone link used to be a
backbone from other cell sites as well as a shared backbone for the existing
sectors at the cell.  How do you tell how much capcity is being used for the
other cells versus the local cell? Can it dynamically learn so any available
bandwdith can be used to its fullest when available?

First genration bandwdith managers and shappers had a static design where
the bottle neck was the single connection to the Internet backbone which was
the oversubscription point. And then the front end (last mile) was intended
to not be over subscribed.  This doesn't work for WISPs, where the
oversubscribption point is often the front end connection.

Any of them smart enough yet?

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband