Mac,

Here is where it will get interesting... in the actual MT software. How are they going to "lock down" the software so the power outputs, channels, etc. are all within FCC guidelines? They are almost going to have to have a seperate MT version... which to me seems pretty unlikely. :(

Travis
Microserv

Mac Dearman wrote:
David,

   What this means is that MT has put together a combination of antennas
from different manufacturers connected to their hardware and had them
certified as "meeting the FCC criteria" thus giving them the ability to
produce "exact" replicas of what they had certified. It does not mean that
if we (wireless operators) slam the same gear (identical or not) together
and hang on a tower - - its FCC Certified - - it's not.

 The big picture here is that their hardware (whatever routerboard(s) they
used), radios, antennas, jumpers, pigtails, enclosure and choice of antennas
are certified and will soon be on the market for resale with that little
white sticker that seems so important!

Mac