There are things like looking at the customer base.

1) are they likely to need incoming connections  ( This is mainly for
businesses )
2) are they likely to get a worm and have it start spamming ( I hate
trying to track down a spammy machine behind NAT ... its not hard just
annoying)
3) are they going to have problems with double NAT, the customers
router will be doing nat also.  Certain system do not handle that very
nicely

Frankly I hate using Private IPs for customers at all,  I also
strongly dislike not doing DHCP unless the customer is paying for that
static.
Static IP addressing is a PITA if you have to renumber,  obivously
with privates that problem is largely gone.

Depending on where you are doing your NAT,  I would suggest if you go
that route to do it at your Head End, not at your edge routers.  That
way you can implement one of the common IDS/IPS systems to find
problem customers (virus, etc) .

Not doing DHCP, if you plan on being profitable, imo, is also a major
mistake.  You will end up consuming 10+ minutes of your install techs
and CSRs time per install.

Ryan