From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Travis Johnson
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 6:08 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] MT tools

Yes... but RSSI only shows so much. We have links with good RSSI that have a
high error rates. Even the CCQ in MT doesn't tell you everything, because
there is no real "magic" number... is all relative.

Travis

George Rogato wrote:

Don't you see real time active rissi etc when you look into the ap's
interface listing all the clients?

Travis Johnson wrote:

What I really want is a way to right-click on an entry in the
Registration table and have an option that says "Linktest". It would
test sending 100 packets each direction, 10 times. It would then report:

distance of the link (based on time calculations)
error rate going from AP to CPE (%)
error rate going from CPE to AP (%)
Calculated throughput based on those results

This simple tool has proven invaluable with our Trango system. Our 1st
level techs can login to the AP and do a "linktest" on a customer's
radio and know in 10 seconds if there is an RF problem or something
else. Having to look at CCQ numbers, packet frames vs. hardware frames,
etc. is way too complicated for a 1st level tech.

Yes, we monitor and graph signal levels, bytes, packets, errors, etc. on
every customer we have now... but that simple 10 second test makes life
much, much easier.

Travis
Microserv