Personally, as an ISP, I would stay away from this. I'm sure it
varies by state, but your client could end up in trouble:

        http://www.balough.com/news/4182005114.asp

        ("...Florida appeals court found that spyware installed on a
cheating husband’s computer by his wife resulted in an illegal
intercept of communications in violation of a state law...")