Done a good quantity of BridgeWave and have had no issues with water
incursion.  Did a dual 80 Ghz. (one of the first deployments :-P  )
last year.  2 links running side by side with less than 100 ft
separation (factory wanted 400+ feet but the cost to make the
building wider prohibited that.  That link was over 2 miles also.

The 60 Ghz. product lists for under $20K.  Proxim's Gigabeam (which I
think was Terror Wave <g>) is less than that.  Bridgewave has a
licensed 80 Ghz. system while Proxim has a licensed 70 Ghz.

Bob

On Apr 30, 2008, at 10:39 AM, Brad Belton wrote:

> This is well out of your budget for this project, but we recently
> put up a
> BridgeWave 80GHz with 2' antennas.  Nice gear aside from the rinky-
> dink ODU
> enclosure.  Pretty amazing to see a product at that price level with a
> plastic single edge housing seal with one center thumb screw
> holding the lid
> on.  Good thing we bought a spare for the shelf because I don't see
> how
> water won't get in eventually.
>
> The gear has performed as expected.  Full Duplex GigE and auto-
> rates down to
> 100MB FDX if necessary.  It has withstood some pretty brutal storms
> the past
> several months and has only completely dropped traffic for about 10-15
> seconds during the worst of it.
>
> The link is 2.35 miles, so we're very pleased with the overall uptime.
>
> I'm not sure you can find a GigE link for under $20K.  Have you
> tried Steven
> Patrick with http://www.cablefreesolutions.com ?
>
> Best,
>

> Brad