Good info.  Also good to know about the web interface.  That's really been my
only negative on the Ligo gear.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt Hardy
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 8:54 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] mesh throughput?

Here are some tests we have run with Full/Half/Quarter channel sizes with
Atheros super features (WMM/Fast Frames/ Packet Bursting) on and
off:

Full:
Super Off: 24Mbps
Super On: 33Mbps
Super On / Turbo: 53Mbps

Half:
Super Off: 11Mbps
Super On: 15Mbps

Quarter:
Super Off: 6Mbps
Super On: 7Mbps

* Note that these are with LigoWave 802.11 standard products, and not with
LigoPTP :)

One note is that compression is not on in these tests, and we have found it
will improve throughput a bit. However, you have to be careful because you can
get somewhat inflated results when using compression because some throughput
test utilities use pretty compressible data. The throughput test tool built
into LigoWave (nepim - network pipemeter) can be set to use random data
patterns by using the -P random switch in shell.

I agree with you Tom; we usually recommend a hard set modulation rate for
stable links. You're also correct that half size channels max datarate is 27
(54/2).

One more thing to add regarding Tom's post... we are designing a new
architecture for the web interface so that it will be much, much faster.
More to come later! :)

-Matt