From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Shaun R.
Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2008 1:15 AM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] Gear

I've been trying to setting a small camp ground with a wireless hotspot.
It's proving difficult and i'm getting tired of messing with it.  Right now
we have 3 units from microtik, they are the routerboard 500's and i'm not
sure what cards are on them.  Front one end of the park to the other it's
about 1100FT according to google maps.  There is a building thats not quiet
in the middle, probably about 300 to 400 ft from the right side of the park.

This is where the internet comes in and the main AP is.  THen on the other
ends we have single units and they are setup in WDS mode. All the units have

omni antennas, think they are 14 db.  Like i said i'm tired of messin with
it.  Whats the ideal gear to buy for this type of setup and how many units.
I'm basically trying to allow people who are staying at this park to get on
the net using there laptops, phones, etc.

One thing i like about the microtik units is the hotspot web interface, it's

nice that the wireless can be open and they have to use and user/pass to
login.  Anybody got any recommendations?

Here's the parks layout http://unix-scripts.com/images/sbwl.jpg

~Shaun

----