A friend and associate of mine is extremely close to several northern CA
fires.

http://tinyurl.com/5vp933
http://tinyurl.com/3mk4ah
http://tinyurl.com/4jm67

I'm wondering if there is anyone else here on the list that is affected,
and if so, what wireless / networking resources you are using to stay
informed.

Once things die down (he was evacuated last week, got back in his house,
and may soon be evacuated again), he and I are planning on looking into
several public safety tools out there, particularly how to push TCP over
ham radio frequencies.

Any suggestions or links to network / wireless resources (particularly
fire ones in that area) would be greatly appreciated.  I just sent him
my Boingo acct info so that he might have something to check his account
with while on the road.