Travis Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are currently having a DNS issue with etsy.com. We are able to ping
> and traceroute to their nameservers and webservers, but we are unable to
> resolve their IP info using our DNS servers. Therefore, we have users
> calling us that they can't access the website. Any ideas on where I
> could start troubleshooting this? Our DNS guru is gone for a week. :(

Not sure if someone has answered this or not, but nslookup is your
friend here (as is dig).

More info on both tools can be found here:

http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch10/

One thing I use to monitor domains is check_dns on Nagios.  With it, I
can monitor the IP of A records, DNS authorities, etc.  You might
consider using this tool if this becomes an ongoing problem.

I use it for my clients who have 100s of domains, and it works like a champ!