Rogelio wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Can you provide any info on the open source solutions that you have
>> been looking into?
>>
>> I have a network ops team that is well skilled on foss platforms, so
>> the OPEX concerns aren't nearly as high for us as they might be for
>> other organizations.
>
> I'm currently looking into it.  I've got some inquiries in some other
> listservs and will post back what interesting things I find.

Thanks. I appreciate that.  We are in the process of deploying Zeroshell
which uses OpenVPN. We have been happy with OpenVPN in other deployments
already. Zeroshell also includes RADIUS/802.1x/OpenLDAP etc. It's a nice
solution.

> In your case, you've got people to engineer and maintain an open
> source solution.  Lots of other public safety places I have dealt with
> don't have that luxury.

Yes I fully realize that, which is why I mentioned that fact in my
reply. :)

--
Charles N Wyble (818) 280-7059
http://charlesnw.blogspot.com