On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Mike Hammett wrote:

>If you needed virtualization of some type, you could install it as
>the host OS, then install your Mikrotik or Asterisk or...  on top.

It's not that it was something I "needed", but am using it since it
is already installed.  In order to get the particular projects I am
working on, the way it is now is the best option.

>I guess I meant things that we can't already get somewhere else.
>Mikrotik themselves has to do a lot of things, but we can do Xen on
>our own.

Since I don't direct MT in their plans (in fact, it seems the best
way to ensure something DOESN'T happen is for me to ask for it), I
can't offer you any advice here.  In some respects, I agree with
your sentiment.  I just use what's there.

*Butch Evans                    *Professional Network Consultation *
*Network Engineering            *MikroTik RouterOS                 *
*573-276-2879                   *ImageStream                       *
*http://www.butchevans.com/     *StarOS and MORE                   *
*http://blog.butchevans.com/    *Wired or wireless Networks        *
*Mikrotik Certified Consultant  *Professional Technical Trainer    *