On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Charles Wyble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Andrew Niemantsverdriet wrote:
>> How to I prevent SOHO routers from handing out bogus DHCP information
>> when they are plugged in backwards?
>>

> Filter them upstream?

How would I filter upstream? All clients go into a switch so I would
have to filter at the switch level, what switches provide this?

>> Also on a seperate note; long ago on this list there was a Linux
>> distro that was basically a WISP management you put it on the gateway
>> router and it only allowed MAC authorized clients to the internet
>> everybody else was pointed to a captive portal. Does anybody remember
>> this or could give me a link to it again?
>>

> Chillispot? Wifi-DOG? There are a few of them.

This was more of a WISP dashboard program. The captive portal stuff
was secondary the main part of the program was more of an access
controller. It allowed the admin to control IP's maintain MAC ACL's

Thanks,
 _
/-\ ndrew