Butch Evans wrote:
> About 50% of it is here: http://www.mikrotik.com/  :-)

I'm working with an ISP in Omaha, NE and was looking at their Mikrotik
setup.  I'm impressed with what they pack for a low cost.

> The other half would depend on specific needs, but a combination of
> radius and php gets the rest.  I don't SELL a solution for that, I
> stated that's my average COST in a hotel.  That includes 4-6 APs plus a
> hotspot controller.  I already have my own radius/php solution that I
> use.  I can put one together for others.

What type of APs do you use? And how many rooms do they cover?

I ask b/c I'm currently looking into the OPEX/CAPEX of various access
points.  In Orlando, FL the other week, I saw an outdoor BelAir unit
with a 6 dbi omni cover 200+ rooms (two 6 story faces, that were like 15
rooms across, plus all sorts of other rooms that we were not intending
to cover, but that had coverage from another unit)

> While I can never guarantee revenue streams, I can provide networking
> solutions which make this possible.  If their location is right, then
> revenue WILL follow.  If not, then..well, you know.  ;-)

True, but there is a certain "mix" of solutions that are sensitive to
the business needs of that particular vertical.  If you go in right the
right solution, you're ahead of the game.